:: Gianluca confessed he is in love in an interview and Ignazio said the name of his darling on a periscope video: Ignazio Boschetto – first Periscope!!!! Partenza verso Atlanta. 9/09/2015 (0:52 more or less)
:: Gianluca is the only member of Il Volo who doesn’t have tattoos. Until now…
:: His current favourite singer is Justin Timberlake, followed by Lady Gaga and Andrea Bocelli.
:: He has a crush on the actress Natalie Portman
- Since 2013 he has been wearing a golden necklance, a birthday present from Ignazio and Piero, when Gianluca celebrated his eighteenth birthday. This is another sign of their friendship. They talked about that in an interview for “Estate in Diretta”, when they were in Rome for their third sold-out concert, on June 24th, 2015, also Piero’s birthday.
- He loves Nutella, and he often declares it during interviewes and on the social networks. Because of that, fans started to bring him jars of Nutella during concerts and sometimes to send it directly at his home in Italy.
- He’s the shorter of the trio. According to an article published by the magazine Sorrisi e Canzoni during Sanremo, he is 1.72 m (5 feet 8 inches).
- Gianluca does not fear to show emotion. He cried after the first performance in Sanremo on February 11, 2015, also his birthday. He cried again in October 2015 in Argentina on an appearance in a TV show, during the promo tour: Il Volo make Francesca’s dream come true.
- When he first met Barbra Streisand he broke into tears.
- He loves to take care of his quiff. His hair are curly, but he loves to comb them with a hairstyle that reminds the one of the Fifties. When Il Volo was at the Billboard 2014, Gianluca said that he hates when people touch or ruffle his hair (obviously, this is Piero and Ignazio’s favourite hobby!) and he is often scolded by the other two because he spends too much time fixing his hairs in front of the mirror.
- He is surely the most social of the three and he’s famous for his selfies, that sometimes are funny and sometimes mysterious or sensuals.