We were reading about this theme from some days and crediting all the buzz to the usual love of the press by the polemic. Polemic sells newspapers, polemics generate page views on the sites and the sponsors become happy. But this theme about the criticism done by Roberto Cenci and Tony Renis about Il Volo is growing odd. And now Il Volo talked about this, so do we.
Here we collected links on this theme and soon we will comment. You can express your opinion on the comments to help us to build a solid view of all this.
:: Il Volo, Roberto Cenci: ‘Li ho scelti io’. Il trio: ‘Grazie, ma dobbiamo tutto al nostro manager’ – on TV Zap (Feb 19, 2015 in Italian) – This article brings that the polemic involving Il Volo, Roberto Cenci and Tony Renis began on the announcement of the victory of Il Volo, where they mentioned only Michele Torpedine in the acknowledgments. Cenci published a note on facebook saying that he was glad with the victory of Il Volo and call them “my boys”because if he didn’t selected each one in 2009 and put them to sing together today would not exist Il Volo. Il Volo published a note on the magazine Chi thanking Roberto Cenci and saying that at the moment of the victory with the stress many things are forgotten and they remembered only who was close to them since the beginning. On the same magazine Cenci declares that he was hurt with the situation.
:: Il trio: “Cenci e Renis fuori da anni. Troppi si fanno pubblicità con noi” – by Luca Dondoni on La Stampa (Feb 19, 2015 in Italian). According to the report Il Volo met the press for an online press conference and said: “Many people is doing publicity with our name. This story must end”. The controversy that appear after the statements of Roberto Cenci (“Without me we would not be here talking about Il Volo”) and Tony Renis was the theme of the conference. Michele Torpedine is accused of removing their names of the biography of the group. Still according to the report Il Volo answered saying that Cenci and Renis are for years without contacting the group and appear now complaining. Michele Torpedine said that relating to Renis they have a company RenTor that now is currently in liquidation. And related to Cenci he said that maybe personal dislike or jealousie. All them said that they are unhappy with this situation that reach the hapiness they are having with the victory in Sanremo.
Il Volo: “Cenci e Renis? Altro che ringraziamenti, vogliono salire sul carro del vincitore, Fazio ci ha bocciato a Sanremo” – by Fabio Traversa on Reality Show (Blogo) (Feb 19, 2015 in Italian) – On the article: Ignazio Boschetto, Piero Barone e Gianluca Ginoble, connected from their homes, participated on a press conference about the recent controversy “Cenci- Renis”. They said, according to the report: “”Someone does not want that we celebrate the victory in Sanremo, but we would like to be left out of these quarrels. If we got sixth or seventh place all would have been silent. Now they want to get in the ‘winners car'”. They do not deny what Cenci and Renis have made but in the last years they are not more in contact. Torpedine: “People forgive all, but success” and “Now, even though Fabio Fazio or Daria Bignardi are too snobbish to invite Il Volo, the guys have ahead a special for the American PBS that we will record in Caracalla, Pompeii or Taormina. Claudia Mori has proposed to film a drama about the lives of the guys, which we are seriously considering, we have the national tour in ten cities and in May the Eurovision (Eurovision Song Contest) which we hope to win.” And a revelation: “Last year we proposed to Fabio Fazio a song by Tiziano Ferro but the artistic committee rejected”.
* soon updates with more links